O Scale Forum Guidelines
The O Scale Forum provides a platform for discussion of all topics related to O Scale 2 Rail (OS2R) models and modeling. This Forum is a service provided to the OS2R community by O Scale Central, an O Scale Kings project. The forum’s staff reserve the right to determine what postings are allowed and to remove posts and suspend or ban posters who violate the Forum’s guidelines.
- Remain respectful of other members at all times
- All posts must be respectful and courteous. Our OS2R modelers bring many years of experience and different ways of doing things. We share our perspectives; that’s how we learn. However, no one may use profanity, attack, degrade, insult, or otherwise belittle other posters in our community. This rule applies to everyone at all times. A healthy discussion includes respect for the other people. Posts that don’t meet that standard will be removed.
- Do not post discriminatory or illegal material
- Posts that constitute defamation, harassment, or abuse is strictly prohibited. Material that is sexually or otherwise obscene, racist, or otherwise overly discriminatory is not permitted. This includes user pictures, links, references to drugs or illegal actions. Use common sense when posting. Please keep political commentary to a minimum; this is a forum for OS2R only.
- No Spam, Advertising or Promoting non-O Scale 2 Rail items in the forums
- Spam is the unsolicited advertisement for goods, services and/or other web sites, or posts with little, or completely unrelated to, OS2R. Spamming also includes sending private messages to a large number of different users. Spam is prohibited and will be removed.
- On-Topic Posting
- Posts made to a forum topic must be related to the topic. If a thread or post is better suited for a different forum or topic, you will be notified via Private Message (PM) as to the new location of the material. If there is no suitable forum and/or the post violates a guideline, you will be notified by PM. To be clear, if you post a question in the wrong forum (i.e. asking a question about On3 on the On30 forum), that is not a rule break; the question will be moved to the proper forum. It is a rule break to post non-OS2R content in the OS2R forum.
- No impersonating people or manufacturers or having multiple accounts
- Manufacturers will have official verified accounts on this forum. Accounts found to be impersonating a person or manufacturer will be banned. Multiple accounts per person are not allowed.
- Personal Information
- The O Scale Forum does not collect, transmit, sell or use personal information. Do not include personal information (i.e. phone number, bank information and home addresses) in your profile. Use common sense.
- Moderators and Administrators Have the Final Word
- If you have a problem or a complaint, direct it to the administrators and/or moderators, not to the boards. The moderators may forward cases to the administrators. We are reasonable and will listen to what you have to say. The appropriate action will be taken.
What happens if I break a rule?
- 1st Violation (minor offense)
- The post will be corrected or removed. You be notified via PM with a quote from your post and what rule it broke. This will be your first warning.
- 2nd Violation (Major offense)
- You will be given a second warning with the same protocol as above. A strike will be added to your username letting us know there was a second rule break.
- 3rd Violation
- This will result in a temporary ban. The length of the temporary ban will depend on the severity of the rule break.
- 4th Violation
- This will result in a permanent ban.
If you have been given a warning or strike for a rule break you feel is unjustified, please send the admin a PM or email. In a calm and professional manner, please state your case and we will review it.
For a major violation, immediate consequences, up to and including a permanent ban, may be imposed.